Mailing List Archive

problems with signal-handler...
Hallo!

I have a little problem and hope, there is an easy answer to solve it.

I wrote a class 'process'. With this class I can start other programms and
commands. I installed a signal-handler to catch the signals send by any
processes.
If a process will be killed or stops, it sends the signal 'SIGCHLD' to
parent. To chatch that I have the handler.
But my problem is, I cannot distinguish which process sends the signal. Only
the signal-handler of the last started process will be active and if any
process sends a signal, the handler only acts for the last process and not
for the right one.

Is there a possibility to catch the pid from the process, which sends the
signal?
Is there an other way to get what I want?

Thanks for help and comments!

Sven

German Aerospace Research Establishment
Institute of Flight Guidance