Mirko

-- =

M Li=DF, <n89553@hrz.uni-paderborn.de>
ssh with telnetlib [ In reply to ]
m liss wrote:

> Hello,
>
> has someone already made telnetlib.py support ssh ?
> I want to use Python for remote administration.
>
> regards,
>
> Mirko
>
> --
> M Liß, <n89553@hrz.uni-paderborn.de>

I wouldn't expect to see this any time soon: telnet and ssh are very
two different protocols.

Your best options are:

1) use telnetlib to tunnel through an established ssh connection
2) write a module that wraps the ssh client, communicating to it through
popen2 or popen3

Option 1 will require a telnet daemon to be available on the remote
host.

If you're interested, and can wait, I'm working on a python based
distributed object system which will (eventually) support ssh tunneling.

michaelMuller = proteus@cloud9.net | http://www.cloud9.net/~proteus
Mantra for the 60's: Tune in, turn on, drop out
Mantra for the 90's: Turn on, jack in, jerk off