Can someone give me a example or syntax on that?

I've tried the atypical .CLOSE & .WRITE syntax's but had no luck...

Benjamin
ConfigParser.py? [ In reply to ]
Benjamin Schollnick <rfreedm1@nospam.rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Folks,

> I'm trying to use ConfigParser... And I believe I'm doing everything
> write, except I don't see any documentation (including in the
> configparser.py file)
> telling my what function(s) to use to write the file out to disk???

That's simple... it doesn't exist :-)

> Can someone give me a example or syntax on that?

Would love ot, but you'll need to write the code to do this. This was
designed to be "read only", although it's been talked about making it
bi-directional.

Chris
ConfigParser.py? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:17:31, Christopher Petrilli
<petrilli@trump.amber.org> wrote:

> > I'm trying to use ConfigParser... And I believe I'm doing everything
> > write, except I don't see any documentation (including in the
> > configparser.py file)
> > telling my what function(s) to use to write the file out to disk???
>
> That's simple... it doesn't exist :-)

What's the rationale behind this??? It seems to be silly to allow
read, and not some
sort of output???

- Benjamin
ConfigParser.py? [ In reply to ]
Benjamin Schollnick <rfreedm1@nospam.rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:17:31, Christopher Petrilli
> <petrilli@trump.amber.org> wrote:

>> > I'm trying to use ConfigParser... And I believe I'm doing everything
>> > write, except I don't see any documentation (including in the
>> > configparser.py file)
>> > telling my what function(s) to use to write the file out to disk???
>>
>> That's simple... it doesn't exist :-)

> What's the rationale behind this??? It seems to be silly to allow
> read, and not some
> sort of output???

Um, laziness is the most powerful of rationale :-) Write it and I'm sure
Guido will be happy to include it :-) I've just never needed it, which
is why I don't use it. I use config files for a bunch of scripts that
run, but there's no "GUI" way to edit them.

Chris