Mailing List Archive

PIL and cgi link problem
Hi,

We are experiencing a strange problem with the
PIL library.
We have compiled it and installed it succesfully
into our Python environment (linux Redhat 5.2).
The strange thing is that it works fine when
imported in Python from a shell.

We want to use the library from a python cgi
script. Here we encounter a strange problem with
the Image module. The cgi script tries to import
it in response to a web-query. but it failes with
an ImportError Exception: _imaging C module is
not installed. further investigation of the
exception showed the following (link) error:
undefined symbol PyExc_IOError

Does anybody has an idea?.

We are using Python 1.5.1 and LibImaging 1.0b1

Thanx in advance,

Robbert
Entree

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
PIL and cgi link problem [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 entree@my-deja.com wrote:
> We want to use the library from a python cgi

Can you use it from command-line programs?

> script. Here we encounter a strange problem with
> the Image module. The cgi script tries to import
> it in response to a web-query. but it failes with
> an ImportError Exception: _imaging C module is
> not installed. further investigation of the
> exception showed the following (link) error:
> undefined symbol PyExc_IOError

What OS? Compiler?
For Linux, sometimes it need to export symbols from main module (-Wl,-E
compiler option)...

> Does anybody has an idea?.
>
> We are using Python 1.5.1 and LibImaging 1.0b1
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Robbert
> Entree

Oleg.