Mailing List Archive

WIN32/python/COM/Multimedia
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any code/examples of using python to
control the playing back of things like audio files and CD's via
python ? I've used makepy to generate the media player COM interface
but have been unsuccessful (except for being able to pop up the
"About" box....) in wrapping my simple UNIX brain around what's going
on. Ideally I'd like to be able to do this without having to use the
GUI, but if necessary I could have another program send commands to
an iconified/hidden GUI app (maybe looking like a COM server ?). BTW I
have seen the winsound module, but I'd like something a more
powerful/flexible.

-Drew

--
;; mailto:Drew.Whitehouse@anu.edu.au http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~drw900/
;; Viz programmer, Australian National University Supercomputer Facility