Has anyone else had these problems?
Can you offer me some suggestions to solve them?

-Daniel
wxPython under linux [ In reply to ]
>I've installed the wxPython rpm under RH 6.0
>and I'm having the following problems.
>
>First, python can't locate the main module.
>wx.py is located in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython.
>I've tried adding this path to PYTHONPATH but it
>still has no effect.

This should work if you are using wxPython as a package, e.g from
"wxPython.wx import *". In other words, the wxPython directory does not
need to be on the PYTHONPATH, but the directory which contains it. (And the
site-packages directory is supposed to be there automagically.)

>Second, I can copy a simply script to the wxPython
>directory and run it from there, however, if I'm
>under KDE it fails with X-errors. If I switch to
>a generic window manager the script runs fine.

I havn't heard of this one. What kind of X-errors? GTK and KDE are
supposed to play nice together and I havn't had any troubles in this area.
(Though I don't run KDE that often...)

--
Robin Dunn
robin@AllDunn.com