application (that I wrote) so that it will run and interface with the
application (that I wrote)? Is this possible?

Denis Lamarche
Python as script language? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 09:38:30PM +0000, Denis Lamarche wrote:

> How can I set up Python so that I can call the scripts from within an
> application (that I wrote) so that it will run and interface with the
> application (that I wrote)? Is this possible?
>
> Denis Lamarche

yes, it is possible, and it's relatively simple. check the python.org
website (specifically, read through the extending and embedding manual) to
get a feel for what is required. if you are familiar with C and object
oriented programming concepts, you should have no trouble.. and if you do,
feel free to post questons to the mailing list.

regards,
Python as script language? [ In reply to ]
jam (jam@newimage.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 09:38:30PM +0000, Denis Lamarche wrote:
> >
> > How can I set up Python so that I can call the scripts from within an
> > application (that I wrote) so that it will run and interface with the
> > application (that I wrote)? Is this possible?
> >
> > Denis Lamarche

[ good suggestions snipped ]

Also note that the Python source code distribution comes with a demo
called "embed". A good first step is to modify and extend this
demo.

And you should consider going to www.python.org and searching the
newsgroup for "embed".

Embedding Python in an application is not only possible, there is
support in Python intended for this purpose.

- Dave