Mailing List Archive

embedding question (unresolved name)
I just want to import Aaron Watters' kjbuckets module in an embedded
Python interpreter. Loading it from within a normal (non-embedded)
Python session goes fine. However, when I (for instance) add the
following lines in the Python1.5.2/Demo/embed/demo.c example:

PyRun_SimpleString("import kjbuckets\n");
PyRun_SimpleString("a=kjbuckets.kjDict()\n");
PyRun_SimpleString("print a\n");

the PyType_Type variable in the kjbuckets module is unsresolved and the
following error is raised:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "/mnt/opt/lib/python1.5/site-packages/kjbuckets/__init__.py",
line 2, in ?
import sys, kjbuckets
ImportError: /mnt/opt/lib/python1.5/site-packages/kjbucketsmodule.so:
undefined symbol: PyType_Type
Traceback (innermost last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
NameError: kjbuckets

Can anyone help me to find the cause?

Thanks,

Henk Jansen
Henk Jansen -- Delft University of Technology -- Dept. of Mathematics
hjansen@math.tudelft.nl
http://ta.math.tudelft.nl/users/hjansen/H.Jansen.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/