M i k e C . F l e t c h e r

mcfletch@vrtelecom.com

Designer, Researcher
Broken 1.5.2 installation? Missing cw3215mt.dll [ In reply to ]
[Mike C. Fletcher]
> Just downloaded the latest 1.5.2 for installation. Did the
> installation and got an error message telling me that the
> above-mentioned file is not on the path. Indeed, it does not
> seem to exist anywhere on the machine. I'm pretty sure this is
> part of TCL (the cygnus TCL distribution has a file named
> cw3215.dll). However, I have no idea where to get it.

Very strange! I don't have a cw3215mt.dll, but do have a cw3215.dll.
Presumably the former is a multi-threaded ("mt") version of the latter. The
strings in the latter identify it as verion 1.5 of the runtime for Borland
C++ 4.50. So bug Borland, or search the web for this name. Several
packages out there appear to distribue *some* dll with this name.

BTW, *when* did this error pop up? It's unclear. That is, did the
installation complete (in which case what does the error have to do with the
installation?), or did it occur during the install (in which case exactly
when during the install)? There's no mention of cw*.dll in either the
Tcl/Tk or Python install logs left behind by my 1.5.2 installation. Makes
me wonder whether the installer itself needs this DLL.

just-another-day-in-dll-hell-ly y'rs - tim
Broken 1.5.2 installation? Missing cw3215mt.dll [ In reply to ]
Problem is encountered when loading command-line Python or IDLE. IDLE is
non-functional, command line works fine after acknowledging the missing DLLs
(as far as I can see). I'm beginning to think there must be something
screwy with my configuration that messes with 1.5.2 where it didn't with 1.5
(which I believe was the last version on this machine). Could be the Cygnus
TCL is interfering I suppose.

Oh, of course most people would have figured it out by my calling it a DLL,
but this is on NT with the standard win32 installer from www.python.org .

Pythonwin works fine (no error messages at all). Python running a file as a
script also works fine (no error messages).

Must get back to work one of these days :) , enjoy,
Mike
M i k e C . F l e t c h e r

mcfletch@vrtelecom.com

Designer, Researcher