3: The Recent Unpleasantness
1: The War Of Northern Aggression.
2: The War of Southern Rebellion.
Python Paterns [ In reply to ]
jblake@eskimo.com (Jonathon) posted the following about
a week ago:

> Subject: Python Paterns
> Date: 9 Jun 1999 23:35:22 GMT
> From: jblake@eskimo.com (Jonathon)
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
>

> Searching Python.org, I didn't come across
> anything _recent_ about
> patterns in Python. Did that SIG die, get swallowed up
> or did I miss their home?
>
> The only documentation I could find was
> http://starship.python.net/crew/gandalf/DNET/classes/index.html
> which was for Python 1.4 on an NT machine, last updated in
> 1997 and a paper given at the sixth conference on Python.

I tried to reply to this before using Deja.com, but somehow
Deja.com was unable to locate this posting... Let me try again.

Well, I guess the question can be answered like this: the SIG
died as you correctly noticed, the reasons being a lack of
contributions as well as an ill-defined (or at least vague)
purpose of the SIG itself.

Occasionally, there are pattern-related postings to c.l.p.
but it's rather hard to locate them later, especially if
the authors mis-spell crucial words inside... ;-)

Cheers,

Dinu

---
Dinu C. Gherman : Women inspire us to great things and
: prevent us from achieving them. (Dumas)
LHS International AG : http://www.lhsgroup.com
8050 Zurich : http://www.zurich.ch
Switzerland : http://pgp.ai.mit.edu
: mobile://49.172.3060751
......................:.........................................
Vote against SPAM on http://www.politik-digital.de/spam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Python Paterns [ In reply to ]
Dinu C. Gherman (gherman@my-deja.com) wrote:
: jblake@eskimo.com (Jonathon) posted the following about
: a week ago:
: > Searching Python.org, I didn't come across
: > anything _recent_ about
: > patterns in Python. Did that SIG die, get swallowed up

: Well, I guess the question can be answered like this: the SIG
: died as you correctly noticed, the reasons being a lack of
: contributions as well as an ill-defined (or at least vague)
: purpose of the SIG itself.

Aaarggh.

Given that Python is Object Orientated, and that
Patterns help design better object orientated
software, it seemmms to be to be natural that
there would be more than a few random things on
Patterns In Python.

<< For various reasons, I suspect that teaching Patterns
in Python to people as they learn Python would be a very
good thing. >>

xan

Jonathon

--