Spectrometry next week. I'm discussing a "Cross Platform solution to
data analysis applications" with an emphasis on chromatography and mass
spectrometry. I'd like some references to other scientific/numerical
applications that I can reference. If anyone has a relevent document
they'd like cited, please
send me the reference. (And a copy I can look at if it's not readily
available.) Thanks.

Tom Fenn
Giving talk on Python. Need references. [ In reply to ]
Tom Fenn wrote:

> I will be giving a talk on using Python at the ASMS Conference on Mass
> Spectrometry next week. I'm discussing a "Cross Platform solution to
> data analysis applications" with an emphasis on chromatography and mass
> spectrometry. I'd like some references to other scientific/numerical
> applications that I can reference. If anyone has a relevent document
> they'd like cited, please
> send me the reference. (And a copy I can look at if it's not readily
> available.) Thanks.

A.V.Voinov (1999) GPS data processing automation with the use of Python
scripting language. In: J.Kakkuri (ed.) Final Results of the Baltic Sea
Level 1997 GPS Campaign. Reports Finn. Geod. Inst., 99:2,
pp. 75-84.

It will appear at my home page at the Starship soon (with .ps).

The abstract is:

An set of Python scripting language library modules aimed at automation
and more flexible customization of the GPS data processing with the use of
Bernese software v. 4.x is described. The motivation for the development
of this package is explained. A brief introduction into the Python
scripting language and its application to the high level control of
numeric data processing is given. A synopsis of the particular modules,
including those which help dealing with RINEX files, GPS dates, etc,
together with those which
encapsulate the Bernese functionality is presented. The strategy of GPS
data preprocessing, called ``optimal baseline selection loop'' is
described. The examples of data processing are related to the BSL
campaign, discussed in more detail in a separate paper found in this
issue.

Regards

Alexander