f()

systems involved are a win98 and an nt4 machines, tcl version 8.0.5,
Python 1.5.2. The same code works under the plain Python interactive
shell, and pythonwin, but not idle. Any ideas?

--------------------------
Bull Run ACD Rescue
Several low mileage cow dogs available, visit the "barking lot" at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~bullrun/rescue.html
newbie trouble with raw_input and idle [ In reply to ]
In article <37581eb4.2704370@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
druid@princeton.crosswinds.net wrote:
> If I enter the following code (or any other using raw_input for that
> matter) into idle's shell it works, when trying to run it from a file
> (new window, edit it, save it then run it, nada)
>
> def f():
> x=raw_input("ladida:")
> print x
>
> f()
>
> systems involved are a win98 and an nt4 machines, tcl version 8.0.5,
> Python 1.5.2. The same code works under the plain Python interactive
> shell, and pythonwin, but not idle. Any ideas?
>
> --------------------------
> Bull Run ACD Rescue
> Several low mileage cow dogs available, visit the "barking lot" at
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~bullrun/rescue.html

I just tried your sample under windows NT with IDLE 0.4 and it worked OK
Sam Schulenburg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
newbie trouble with raw_input and idle [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 00:09:15 GMT, Sam Schulenburg <sams@quinta.com>
wrote:

>In article <37581eb4.2704370@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
> druid@princeton.crosswinds.net wrote:
>> If I enter the following code (or any other using raw_input for that
>> matter) into idle's shell it works, when trying to run it from a file
>> (new window, edit it, save it then run it, nada)
>>
>> def f():
>> x=raw_input("ladida:")
>> print x
>>
>> f()
>>
>> systems involved are a win98 and an nt4 machines, tcl version 8.0.5,
>> Python 1.5.2. The same code works under the plain Python interactive
>> shell, and pythonwin, but not idle. Any ideas?
>>

>I just tried your sample under windows NT with IDLE 0.4 and it worked OK
>Sam Schulenburg

If typed or directly imported into idle it does work. When doing the
following it did not work (specifically the print statement was never
executed)

Ctrl-N (New Window)
type in the code
Ctrl-S (Save)
F5 (Run module)

It does not work. I found a similar post back on deja about a few
months back, but could not find a resolution for it posted.
Sparrow (Alex) | /|\ brewing on the net
http://www.crosswinds.net/~prin_druid |