A.M. Kuchling http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/
Thanks. The sooner I get discouraged and quit, the more time I'll save overall.
-- Frank Sergeant, 28 Mar 1999
Checking for Python modules in autoconf [ In reply to ]
"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> writes:

> I'm working on packaging some software for distribution, and would
> like the configure script (generated using GNU autoconf) to check
> whether various Python modules are installed. Does anyone have an
> autoconf macro for doing this?

Checking through a pile of messages I've flagged over the last however
long...

James Henstridge has written some extensions to automake/autoconf as
part of his Python GTK+ bindings. Apparently they'll be part of
automake 1.5 whever that surfaces, but you can get them as part of
gnome-python or pygtk. Go see

ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/python/

HTH
Michael

Checking for Python modules in autoconf [ In reply to ]
Michael Hudson <mwh21@cam.ac.uk>
> James Henstridge has written some extensions to automake/autoconf as
> part of his Python GTK+ bindings.

I'm going to finish up my work on Python support in automake, which
will be included in the current development version of automake. I
haven't seen any contributions in the automake tree from James
Henstridge.

Regardless, I will add a way to test for Python modules using
automake. Given the way GNU works, please don't send me any code
to be added unless you've sent the copyright disclaimer form to
the FSF.

Andrew Dalke
dalke@bioreason.com