I'm looking for some information concerning Inter Process Communication
with Python. How is't possible to implement it with Python ???

Thank you for sending me some info about this question.

Inter Process Communication with python [ In reply to ]
atheunissen@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm looking for some information concerning Inter Process Communication
> with Python. How is't possible to implement it with Python ???
>
> Thank you for sending me some info about this question.

One way of doing it is to send pickled objects
over socket connections. I'm doing that in a
multiprocess Python server app. and it works
just fine.

/ga
Inter Process Communication with python [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 May 1999 11:21:39 GMT, atheunissen@hotmail.com wrote:

>: I'm looking for some information concerning Inter Process Communication
>: with Python. How is't possible to implement it with Python ???
>:
>: Thank you for sending me some info about this question.

As soon as you can access the API of the underlying OS (maybe in the
os module documentation), you have
-pipes
-shared memory (mapped files)
-mailslots
-...

-CORBA: take a look at Fnorb (http://www.dstc.edu.au/Fnorb/), a CORBA2
compliant ORB (see examples to understand how it is simple to set up
inter process communications with this - with automatic transfert of
exceptions, marshmalling of parameters,...).

A+

Laurent.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email : pointal@lure.u-psud.fr ou lpointal@planete.net
Inter Process Communication with python [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 May 1999, Goran Allerbo wrote:

> atheunissen@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for some information concerning Inter Process Communication
> > with Python. How is't possible to implement it with Python ???
> >

> One way of doing it is to send pickled objects
> over socket connections. I'm doing that in a
> multiprocess Python server app. and it works
> just fine.

It is also possible to use repr() on an object before sending it over a
socket connection. The receiving side then runs eval() to restore the
object. This should only be done over a "safe" connection, but it allows
executable objects to be passed and it has the advantage of not passing
binary data, if that matters on your connection.

--- Robert

Robert Meegan
MCIWorldCom - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319.375.2416