safe to forge ahead -- python and zope are important to me.

TIA

Alex Rice
python 1.5.2/Redhat 6 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 10:37:55AM -0600, Alex Rice wrote:

> Are there any issues compiling python 1.5.2 on Redhat 6? What about Zope
> 2? There is a new glibc version again, I think. Just wondering if it's
> safe to forge ahead -- python and zope are important to me.

No problems here, with python 1.5.2. Haven't tried Zope yet, but i wouldn't
worry too much -- glibc 2.1 is much more compatible with glibc2 than glibc2
was with linux-libc5 (aka glibc1-with-some-hacks, i believe) -- I have yet
to see a problem with any of the 'old' glibc2 binaries or any compilation
problem with glibc2-ready-software. Pardon my french :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>