probably ask this question, but I guarantee you there is no where better to
get the right answer.

I am using Python on Apache on Win98.

Has anyone figured out how to get at the traceback errors when using Python
on Apache? They are not automatically returned to the browser as they are on
IIS and PWS.

Thanks,

kj7ny@email.com
Python on Apache and traceback [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 12:05:16AM -0800, kj7ny@email.com wrote:
> Before you flame my socks off, I know this is NOT the right place to
> probably ask this question, but I guarantee you there is no where better to
> get the right answer.
>
> I am using Python on Apache on Win98.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to get at the traceback errors when using Python
> on Apache? They are not automatically returned to the browser as they are on
> IIS and PWS.

Around your code with a try/except clause and catch the
traceback in the except clause. You can get the traceback
by using the traceback module. Logging can be achieved by
writing the traceback to a file.

I not sure if this is really neccessary because the traceback
of Python CGI scripts should be logged to the script or
error logfile of Apache.

Happy Easter,
Andreas

--