Mailing List Archive

mod_python - problem with dynamic loading - solved!
Hello!

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Andrew Csillag wrote:
> > > When you link apache, you need to add a command-line switch to export
> > > all of it's symbols to be available to loaded shared objects (so the
> > > .so's can see python symbols). I think it's -rdynamic or -Bshareable
> > > (or something like that, I've been in FreeBSD land for a while. The ld
> > > man page will say which it is).

The actual switch for GNU ld is -E. I added LDFLAGS="-s -Wl,-E" to
Apache's Makefile, recompiled and reinstalled apache. Now PyApache works!
Thanks to all who helped!

> --
> "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
> LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
> - Jeremy S. Anderson

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann National Research Surgery Centre http://sun.med.ru/~phd/