Mailing List Archive

SWIGgy Goodness, or, Where to Install Software
I'm currently polishing up a module which is an interface to
the Solaris kstat(3k) interface. Those people who get giddy at the
idea of computing a machine's load by hand or pondering the minutiae
of kernel memory allocation statistics will like this module.

However, one of the things I'm trying to make more pleasant is
the installation. The module will require the installation of two
files: one in Python, and one a .so (dynamic library). Do I put both
in the PREFIX../site-packages directory, or should I put the .so with
the rest in PREFIX../lib-dynload? Or, is lib-dynload supposed to be
reserved for modules bunlded with the core distribution?

--
William Annis - System Administrator - Biomedical Computing Group
annis@biostat.wisc.edu PGP ID:1024/FBF64031