Mailing List Archive

test-ignore
Test - ignore February 15, 2024

Test post to see if my Newsgroup post program is working.

Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]

Aim your test messages at alt.test, please.
Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]

> > Test post to see if my Newsgroup post program is working.
>
> Aim your test messages at alt.test, please.

I agree that basic Usenet connectivity messages should go to alt.test. It's
not clear from the original post, but if the poster's aim was to see if
posts to comp.lang.python traverse the gateway and show up on this list,
then alt.test won't help.

Skip

Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]
On 16/02/24 13:29, Skip Montanaro via Python-list wrote:

>>> Test post to see if my Newsgroup post program is working.
>>
>> Aim your test messages at alt.test, please.
>>

> I agree that basic Usenet connectivity messages should go to alt.test. It's
> not clear from the original post, but if the poster's aim was to see if
> posts to comp.lang.python traverse the gateway and show up on this list,
> then alt.test won't help.

Coincidentally (I hope), today have received a couple of poorly-executed
spam/phishing messages purporting to be from this list or "Tutor".

=dn
Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-16 00:29, Skip Montanaro via Python-list wrote:

>> > Test post to see if my Newsgroup post program is working.
>>
>> Aim your test messages at alt.test, please.
>>

> I agree that basic Usenet connectivity messages should go to alt.test. It's
> not clear from the original post, but if the poster's aim was to see if
> posts to comp.lang.python traverse the gateway and show up on this list,
> then alt.test won't help.

True, but did the poster really need to send another one to say "yes,
that worked"?
Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]

> True, but did the poster really need to send another one to say "yes,
> that worked"?

Maybe to test the bidirectionality of the gateway? ???? If the messages stop
I think we can let it die. It's not like this sort of activity is a regular
occurrence. (A bigger problem for me was always Usenet posters who used
fake email addresses.)

Skip
Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]
Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 16:02, Tony Oliver via Python-list wrote:
Re: test-ignore (at least in part)

>On Thursday 15 February 2024 at 21:16:22 UTC, E.D.G. wrote:
>> Test - ignore February 15, 2024
>>
>> Test post to see if my Newsgroup post program is working.
>
>Aim your test messages at alt.test, please.

or alt.test.ignore
Re: test-ignore [ In reply to ]
"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" wrote in message news:uqrik4$lrc1$1@dont-email.me...

On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:00:59 -0600, Science Researcher wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" wrote in message
>
> If I remember correctly, I had to get the installation program
> from a third party site.

I’m sure that was a perfectly trustworthy site, no doubt ...

Comment: My moderately expensive computer virus program can be instructed
to check the contents of downloaded EXE programs and other types of programs
or ZIP files. It appears to do a fairly good job with that. But, you are
correct. People should be careful regarding what they download.