Mailing List Archive

Request to Review: Tutorial about Python Packaging offering different use case
Hello,

I would like to point to my Python Packaging Tutorial explaining several
common use cases using minimal demo projects.

<https://codeberg.org/buhtz/tech-demo-python-packaging>

I am not an expert and assume that some of my solutions might not be the
best. So I would appreciate if you can review them.

Background of that project: I am member of FOSS maintainer team and
prepare the migration of Back In Time
(https://github.com/bit-team/backintime) from a makefile based
build-system to a modern Python Build system using pyproject.toml & Co.
To explore some expect able problems and possible solutions I created
this minimal examples. I also do plan a tutorial repo about Debian
Python Packaging using the same approach with minimal examples
illustrating different use cases.

Thanks in advance,
Christian