Hello Python Team,

I am somehow unable to completely remove Python 3.10.9 (64 Bit) from my
computer. I have tried deleting the Appdata folder then repairing and then
uninstalling but it still persists in the remove/add program function in
windows 10. I am just trying to reinstall it because I didn’t add it to
the path correctly, any help is greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Pau Vilchez

Re: Unable to completely remove Python 3.10.9 (64 bit) from Computer [ In reply to ]
On 25.9.2023 19.58, Pau Vilchez via Python-list wrote:
> Hello Python Team,
>

> I am somehow unable to completely remove Python 3.10.9 (64 Bit) from my
> computer. I have tried deleting the Appdata folder then repairing and then
> uninstalling but it still persists in the remove/add program function in
> windows 10. I am just trying to reinstall it because I didn’t add it to
> the path correctly, any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a Windows issue and not actually Python -specific. It may happen
to every program you install.

If something is installed by the normal way using the W10 installer it
should be removable too. If not there should be some error.

Re: Unable to completely remove Python 3.10.9 (64 bit) from Computer [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/23 13:08, Roland Müller via Python-list wrote:

> On 25.9.2023 19.58, Pau Vilchez via Python-list wrote:
>>     Hello Python Team,
>>

>>     I am somehow unable to completely remove Python 3.10.9 (64 Bit)
>> from my
>>     computer. I have tried deleting the Appdata folder then repairing
>> and then
>>     uninstalling but it still persists in the remove/add program
>> function in
>>     windows 10. I am just trying to reinstall it because I didn’t add
>> it to
>>     the path correctly, any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
> This is a Windows issue and not actually Python -specific. It may happen
> to every program you install.
>
> If something is installed by the normal way using the W10 installer it
> should be removable too. If not there should be some error.

Python seems somewhat prone to this on Windows, I recently had a case
where the original version of two upgraded Pythons were still stuck
sitting in the Programs (which I didn't notice originally), so it looked
like 3.11.1 and 3.11.4 were *both* installed, as well as two 3.10
versions - this was an otherwise well-behaving system, so it was quite
mystifying.

You can run uninstall directly from the installer file (download it
again if you need to). This may work better than selecting "modify" from
the Programs applet - a "stuck" installation may still be missing some
piece of information even if you tried to repair it.

If things are *really* stuck Microsoft provide a tool which I've used
with success on really messed up installation info.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d