Mailing List Archive

Near and far clip plane in glowscript
Yes, I know that this is not the right forum to present my problem but I have tried the glowscript forum without succes.

A different programming language, PyWeb3D, has this simple command to control the distances from the camera to the near and far planes:
camera=PerspectiveCamera( 45, width / height, 1, 1000 )
where 1 is the distance to the near plane and 1000 is the distance to the far plane.
- see
https://threejs.org/docs/index.html?q=perspec#api/en/cameras/PerspectiveCamera

I am convinced that there must be a similar way to control these parameters from glowscript because it is obvious that they are set to some default values because I see objects disappear in some cases. But I have no idea how!?!?
I suspect it has to to with WebGL and how to reach WebGL commands from glowscript.
What I hope is that someone at this forum can give a little hint as to get closer to a solution. It would make me very, very happy!

Poul Riis
Denmark