Mailing List Archive

Error installing packages or upgrading pip
Hi there, I hope you are in a great health

I am having a problem with python even though I uninstall and reinstall it
again multiple times

the error I get when I try to upgrade or install a package for example

pip install requests

I get this error which I could not find a solution for

pip install requests
Requirement already satisfied: requests in
c:\users\uly\appdata\local\programs\python\python310\lib\site-packages\requests-2.30.0-py3.10.egg
(2.30.0)
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/charset-normalizer/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/charset-normalizer/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/charset-normalizer/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/charset-normalizer/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/charset-normalizer/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection
aborted.', FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory'))':
/simple/requests/
[...]
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
charset_normalizer<4,>=2 (from requests) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for charset_normalizer<4,>=2
WARNING: There was an error checking the latest version of pip.
Re: Error installing packages or upgrading pip [ In reply to ]
On 5/18/23 04:30, Test Only wrote:
> Hi there, I hope you are in a great health
>
> I am having a problem with python even though I uninstall and reinstall it
> again multiple times

Ummm... there's usually not a great reason to do that. I know it's the
traditional "Windows Way" of the past, but usually looking for actual
solutions first is better than "reinstall because it might be
corrupted". To put it in snarky terms: reach for the sledgehammer only
once you know the use of a sledge is warranted.

Have you tried searching for this through a search engine? A really
quick try shows several hits, including some StackOverflow articles.
There's no way for us to judge if any of those scenarios actually would
apply to your case, so suggesting you take a look first.