Mailing List Archive

Pmw, threads, Linux, and 1.5.2
I have a Pmw application that I'm running under version 1.5.2, and I
would like to break this application up into a couple threads (Pmw_0_8
and RedHat Linux 5.0).

However, Pmw makes use of the `update' and `update_idletasks' Tkinter
methods, and according to the documentation, using these methods
within threads will cause a deadlock under Unix.

I actually see this deadlock behavior, and so I assume that this
documentation is correct. But before I give up hope altogether,
I'm wondering if anyone has found any way around this restriction?
I'd really like to continue using Pmw and to make use of threads,
if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

--
Lloyd Zusman