Mailing List Archive

SOLUTION: Cross-references between dynamically loaded modules under AIX
In a recent post, I wrote:
> I wrote a small function to convert a C pointer to a NumPy array (I am
> using SWIG), ... it coredumps under AIX ... the dynamical loader under
> AIX cannot resolve symbols in one module that refers to another module.

It turns out is was NOT a dynamic loading problem after all. One of my
colleagues found a new NumPy manual (March 99) that contains a chapter on how
to extend NumPy. And it turns out that one should call the function
import_array() in the modules initialization function. Then it works!

Now the only mystery is why it worked on the Alpha architecture without that
call... :-)

BTW, it looks like a very nice NumPy manual:
ftp://ftp-icf.llnl.gov/pub/python/numericalpython.pdf

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Jakob

--
Jakob Schiotz, CAMP and Department of Physics, Tech. Univ. of Denmark,
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark. http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/