Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
On 28 Apr 1999 04:00:16 -0400, David Steuber <trashcan@david-steuber.com> wrote:

[...]
>Python also seems to have that. I would like better python support in
>XEmacs. There is a python mode, but I haven't seen anything about
>evaluating Python code ineteractivly the way you can with Lisp and
>elisp.

You can do that by invoking an interactive Python or JPython shell
inside Emacs (via C-!). Buffers containing Python code or the currently
marked region can be executed inside the shell at any time, which
lets you develop your code very quickly and interactively.

Stefan
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
Alex <alex@somewhere.round.here> writes:

-> Is this the sort of thing you want?
->
-> Try C-c ! to create a python shell, C-c C-c to evaluate a buffer in that
-> shell, or C-c | to evaluate a marked region. Then you can execute
-> commands interactively in that shell.

Yes! It looks like I need to pay more attention in Python mode to see
what options are made available to me.

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

If you wish to reply by mail, _please_ replace 'trashcan' with 'david'
in the e-mail address. The trashcan account really is a trashcan.

Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls ... if thou art in the
bathtub, it tolls for thee.
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
"Ilja Heitlager" <news@helen.demon.nl> writes:

-> OK, A UNIX guy (that will change ;-)

Why, has a better OS come out?

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

If you wish to reply by mail, _please_ replace 'trashcan' with 'david'
in the e-mail address. The trashcan account really is a trashcan.

"BASIC is the Computer Science equivalent of `Scientific Creationism'."
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
Ilja Heitlager wrote:

> OK, A UNIX guy (that will change ;-)

when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

--
Garry Hodgson seven times down
garry@sage.att.com eight times up
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
Christian Scholz <ruebe@aachen.heimat.de> wrote:
> Ilja Heitlager wrote:
>> The online-documentation and examples were sufficient for me, but I love
>> paper refs and
>> everbody should have Programming Python

> Well, I found Programming Python a bit too narrating.. I usually just
> want
> a quick overview of function or who I do this or that. Thus the library
> reference + the FAQ + The Python Quick Reference was quite enough for
> me..

I found "Internet Programming with Python" the better book for this.
It has not much to do with CGI or HTML stuff, but is an extremly good
reference for many things about Python (better than "Programming Python" IMO).

Byebye,
--
Thomas Ackermann | Tel. +49-(0)228/631369|73-7773 | <tgm@math.uni-bonn.de>
finger tgm@rhein.math.uni-bonn.de for public key
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
Ilja Heitlager <news@helen.demon.nl> wrote:
> I would love too, but Windows doesn't leave any space on my HD ;-(

Reorganize your disk (scandisk or ?) then use "fips" to make this
partition small and create a new, free partion from the saved space, then
install LINUX ... ;-)

Byebye,
Designing Large Systems with Python [ In reply to ]
Thomas Ackermann wrote:

> Ilja Heitlager <news@helen.demon.nl> wrote:
> > I would love too, but Windows doesn't leave any space on my HD ;-(
>
> Reorganize your disk (scandisk or ?) then use "fips" to make this
> partition small and create a new, free partion from the saved space, then
> install LINUX ... ;-)

i actually found that i saved even more disk space by just reformatting
the disk and installing linux.

--
Garry Hodgson comes a time
garry@sage.att.com when the blind man