Mailing List Archive

vim5 + python: can't resolve symbol
I gather there are some vim users around here... I've been having trouble
getting vim's python mode to work properly. It doesn't want to load .so
modules:

When importing anything that loads a .so from vim (:py import ...), I get a
screen full of "can't resolve symbol"s. Things like PyExc_OverflowError,
Py_BuildValue, Py_InitModule4, etc. Some modules will load (like string), but
some will ImportError: Unable to resolve symbol (like math). I can do
':py import vim' and do some elementary stuff, but I want my modules!

The system is Linux 2, python 1.5.2b1, vim 5.0. Has anyone else experienced
this? Suggestions, ideas?

thanks!