contents AND cross-platform compatibility? (at least on NT and Mac)?
Thx,
christer
GUI and printing [ In reply to ]
christer fernstrom:
|Anybody knows if any of the Pythonized GUI kits support printing of window
|contents AND cross-platform compatibility? (at least on NT and Mac)?
|Thx,
| christer

Re printing. I don't know the details (since I haven't used this feature),
but seems I recall that Tk has some support for PostScript printing.
Grepping Tkinter, I see that the Canvas widget has a "postscript" method.

Tkinter is one that is widely cross platform since it's built on Tk. IIRC,
it runs on both the platforms you mention along with many others.

Randall
GUI and printing [ In reply to ]
Randall Hopper wrote:

> Re printing. I don't know the details (since I haven't used this feature),
> but seems I recall that Tk has some support for PostScript printing.
> Grepping Tkinter, I see that the Canvas widget has a "postscript" method.

You can do it like this:

mytkwidget.postscript(file = filename)

Stuart