Pyton setuid program?
Hi,

is it possible to have a Python script run setuid? If so, how do I do
that?

Or could that be a Linux problem?

TIA,
--Bjoern
--
+---------------------------------------------------------------------/()\
Pyton setuid program? [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 22 Apr 1999, Bjoern Giesler wrote:
> is it possible to have a Python script run setuid? If so, how do I do
> that?

Having setuid script is big security issues. Most modern operating
systems do not allow to do this. Perl has special provisions for making
perl scripts setuid. In python please avoid it. Write setuid wrapper for
your script. Standard python distribution has a file Misc/setuid-prog.c. It
is a template for writing good setuid wrappers.

> Or could that be a Linux problem?

It is OS-specific. Yes, Linux (thanks a lot) is among other OSes that
disable setuid scripts.

> TIA,
> --Bjoern
> --
> | thank you for your time, worship the antichrist, and have a nice day /\
> | pgp key available on request /____\

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann National Research Surgery Centre http://sun.med.ru/~phd/