--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member
Re: back up & running [ In reply to ]
Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> My mega-laptop got fixed faster than I'd expected, so I'm back up to
> doing useful work. My top priorities are handling patches and going
> back through my email to find all the documentation patches that have
> sat idle for too long.

Excellent!

Finally someone who cares to checkin patches. I've been disappointed
to see that the June 30 intent-date was announced, but people keep
chewing-gumming about SourceForge caveats while the patches backlog
grows and the number of closed patches stays invariably to 3, of which
one is a test!

--
Vladimir MARANGOZOV | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Re: back up & running [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 02:22:56PM +0200, Vladimir Marangozov wrote:
> Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > My mega-laptop got fixed faster than I'd expected, so I'm back up to
> > doing useful work. My top priorities are handling patches and going
> > back through my email to find all the documentation patches that have
> > sat idle for too long.
>
> Excellent!
>
> Finally someone who cares to checkin patches. I've been disappointed
> to see that the June 30 intent-date was announced, but people keep
> chewing-gumming about SourceForge caveats while the patches backlog
> grows and the number of closed patches stays invariably to 3, of which
> one is a test!

You can count me as one of the significatn bottlenecks here. Tim and Guido
have accepted some of my patches, I just have to check them in. Real Soon Now
(tm).

Trent Mick (also tm)

--
Trent Mick
trentm@activestate.com
RE: back up & running [ In reply to ]
[Vladimir Marangozov]
> I've been disappointed to see that the June 30 intent-date was
> announced, but people keep chewing-gumming about SourceForge
> caveats while the patches backlog grows and the number of closed
> patches stays invariably to 3, of which one is a test!

Absolutely on-target, Vladimir! The current state of our world is
embarrassing. Someday when the bosses aren't listening, I'll explain to you
how it got this way <0.9 wink>.

[Trent Mick]
> You can count me as one of the significant bottlenecks here. Tim and
> Guido have accepted some of my patches, I just have to check them in.
> Real Soon Now (tm).

Trent, you are *not* a bottleneck! You've cooperated with the process (or
lack thereof) every step of the way, and it hasn't even been 12 hours since
I accepted some of your patches. And the bulk of them are still on my plate
to review.

I don't think we have an actual bottleneck now, but we do have a large
backlog to work off, and people with too many things that need to be done.

perseverance-and-patience-will-probably-work-better-than-their-opposites-ly
y'rs - tim