Mailing List Archive

Importing extension modules
I'm currently testing a pure Python version of mxDateTime
(my date/time package), which uses a contributed Python version
of the C extension.

Now, to avoid problems with pickled DateTime objects (they include
the complete module name), I would like to name *both* the
Python and the C extension version mxDateTime. With the current
lookup scheme (shared mods are searched before Python modules)
this is no problem since the shared mod is found before the
Python version and used instead, so getting this working is
rather simple.

The question is: will this setup remain a feature in future
versions of Python ? (Does it work this way on all platforms ?)

Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000: 162 days left
Business: http://www.lemburg.com/
Python Pages: http://www.lemburg.com/python/