Mailing List Archive

[RELEASE] Python 3.9.0 is now available, and you can already test 3.10.0a1!
On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.9 release team, I’m pleased to announce the availability of Python 3.9.0.

Python 3.9.0 is the newest feature release of the Python language, and it contains many new features and optimizations. You can find Python 3.9.0 here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-390/ <https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-390/>

Most third-party distributors of Python should be making 3.9.0 packages available soon.

See the “What’s New in Python 3.9 <https://docs.python.org/release/3.9.0/whatsnew/3.9.html>” document for more information about features included in the 3.9 series. Detailed information about all changes made in 3.9.0 can be found in its change log <https://docs.python.org/release/3.9.0/whatsnew/changelog.html#changelog>.

Maintenance releases for the 3.9 series will follow at regular bi-monthly intervals starting in late November of 2020.

OK, boring! Where is Python 4?

Not so fast! The next release after 3.9 will be 3.10. It will be an incremental improvement over 3.9, just as 3.9 was over 3.8, and so on.

In fact, our newest Release Manager, Pablo Galindo Salgado, prepared the first alpha release of what will become 3.10.0 a year from now. You can check it out here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3100a1/ <https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3100a1/>

We hope you enjoy the new releases!

Thanks to all of the many volunteers who help make Python Development and these releases possible! Please consider supporting our efforts by volunteering yourself or through organization contributions to the Python Software Foundation.

https://www.python.org/psf/ <https://www.python.org/psf/>
More resources

Online Documentation <https://docs.python.org/3.9/>
PEP 596 <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0596/>, 3.9 Release Schedule
PEP 619 <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0619/>, 3.10 Release Schedule
Report bugs at https://bugs.python.org <https://bugs.python.org/>.
Help fund Python and its community <https://www.python.org/psf/donations/>.
Your friendly release team,
Ned Deily @nad <https://discuss.python.org/u/nad>
Steve Dower @steve.dower <https://discuss.python.org/u/steve.dower>
Pablo Galindo Salgado @pablogsal <https://discuss.python.org/u/pablogsal>
?ukasz Langa @ambv <https://discuss.python.org/u/ambv>
Re: [RELEASE] Python 3.9.0 is now available, and you can already test 3.10.0a1! [ In reply to ]
On 05. 10. 20 22:22, ?ukasz Langa wrote:
> In fact, our newest Release Manager, Pablo Galindo Salgado, prepared the first
> alpha release of what will become 3.10.0 a year from now. You can check it out here:
>
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3100a1/
> <https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3100a1/>

Hello Pablo.

Could you please include your GPG key in
https://www.python.org/static/files/pubkeys.txt ? I see the text at
https://www.python.org/downloads/ about GPG has changed (since yesterday?) and
it no longer contains the link.

In Fedora, we verify the tarball during build time (offline) so we include the
keys in the source package. It was really convenient to be able to use that key
file directly instead of using the key of a specific release manager for each
release.

Thanks.
--
Miro Hron?ok
Re: [RELEASE] Python 3.9.0 is now available, and you can already test 3.10.0a1! [ In reply to ]
Hi Miro,

Thanks for your email. I will see if I can modify that file to include my
key.

> I see the text at
https://www.python.org/downloads/ about GPG has changed (since yesterday?)
and
it no longer contains the link.

The text changes because I added my key bug I didn't delete any link IIRC.
Do you know if the link to the file you mentioned used to be there?

Thanks,
Pablo

Re: [RELEASE] Python 3.9.0 is now available, and you can already test 3.10.0a1! [ In reply to ]
On 08. 10. 20 12:22, Pablo Galindo Salgado wrote:
> Hi Miro,
>
> Thanks for your email. I will see if I can modify that file to include my key.

Awesome, thanks.

> > I see the text at
> https://www.python.org/downloads/ <https://www.python.org/downloads/> about GPG
> has changed (since yesterday?) and
> it no longer contains the link.
>
> The text changes because I added my key bug I didn't delete any link IIRC. Do
> you know if the link to the file you mentioned used to be there?

Right, the change from yesterday is addition of your key, not removal of the link.

IIRC It used to be there, but if not, it must have been somewhere else,
otherwise we would not have used it. I wonder where :/ searching...

Oh, it seems to be deprecated :(

https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/1509

So maybe we indeed need to use your key directly after all.

--
Miro Hron?ok