Mailing List Archive

PyCon Finland 2012 registration is open
Ladies and gentlemen,

We are excited to announce the opening of Pycon Finland 2012 registration.

http://fi.pycon.org/2012/#registration

The conference will take place in Otaniemi (Helsinki) in Finland on
Monday 22.10. - Tuesday 23.10.2012. There will be a pre-conference
event on Sunday evening for the early arrivers.
This year we have Python talks ranging from hardcore Python
development, visualization and data processing to choosing Python as
the language of education and extending Python to support static
typing.
If you want to present your own thing we will have 5 minute lightning
talks where anybody can come up the stage to share the latest hacker
adventures.
On the second conference day we organize Python sprints. Those who
would like to be involved in Python core development have now the
opportunity to learn how to become a contributor. You can also get
involved in Robot framework to build your human-friendly acceptance
test cases.
Our kind sponsor Google has travel grants for students. Please see the
registration page for further details.
Non-students can participate to the social dinner event. But don’t
worry... we have evening activities organized for the students too!

Please note that the speakers list is still not final and we will
announce more speakers later. Also more information about the venue
and travelling to Helsinki is coming.

This year you will also get a real Finnish sauna. We also thank our
fabulous sponsor Anders Inno for the most exciting PyCon Finland site
design thus far.

Yours sincerely,
Jyrki Pulliainen
Chairman of Python Finland