Mailing List Archive

Need help with signals for perltk front end
I hope this post is not too inappropriate. This mailing list seems to
be the only discussion of tkperl I can find.

I'm using tkperl to write a front end to gdb. I open two pipes to gdb
and communicate through the pipes. I want to preserve the
feature whereby pressing Control-c stops the program currently running
under gdb.

Is there some way in tkperl to simulate the pressing of control-c and pass
it through a pipe to another process?

I tried something like this:

$text_window->bind(<Control-c>, \& sub { kill (SIGINT,$gdb_pid) });

but sending SIGINT to the process does not have the same effect as pressing
control-c in the tty the process is running in.

There must be several tkperl front ends to programs like gdb so I thought
someone might have done this kind of thing before. Thanks in advance for
any help here.

Trevor Janes | trevor@ns.array.ca
Array Systems Computing | http://www.ns.array.ca/~trevor
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia |
"In theory, theory and practise are the same, but in practise they're not. "
Re: Need help with signals for perltk front end [ In reply to ]
> From: Trevor Janes <trevor@ns.array.ca>
>
> I hope this post is not too inappropriate. This mailing list seems to
> be the only discussion of tkperl I can find.

The Module List says:

I've CC;d this to them. Subscribe via ptk-request@wpi-edu.

Tim.