Mailing List Archive

OH NO!!!!
I sent out a message that everything had went fine on our install of
PERL 5 on HP9000 HP-UX 10.0 and 10 mins later we got bit..

We use the dbm function(s) to accumulate summary data for some
reporting tables. The problem is that with PERL 5 dbm_open will not
work. We recompiled PERL and during the Configure script we received
the following messages:

"<dbm.h> found."

" dbmclose() NOT found."
"We won't be including <dbm.h>"

"<ndbm.h> found."

"dbm_open() NOT found."
"We won't be including <ndbm.h>"

We checked ndbm.h and it does include dbm_open() and dbm_close() the
directory is usr/include. We cannot figure out what we are missing.
Anyone with any clues PLEASE let me know.

* Roy Laws Tele: (910) 316-4114 *
* RF Project Leader *
* Guilford Mills, Inc. *
* Greensboro, NC *
Re: OH NO!!!! [ In reply to ]
Excerpts from the mail message of Roy.Laws@LYNCH.GMI.sprint.com:
) "<ndbm.h> found."
)
) "dbm_open() NOT found."
) "We won't be including <ndbm.h>"
)
) We checked ndbm.h and it does include dbm_open() and dbm_close() the
) directory is usr/include.

<ndbm.h> includes a prototype (declaration) for the dbm_open()
routine. Configure is saying that it can't find the dbm_open()
routine in the libraries it is using. If you allowed Configure
to finish, then "libswanted=" in config.sh should show which
libraries Configure was looking for and "libs=" should show which
libraries Configure found.

--
Tye McQueen tye@metronet.com || tye@doober.usu.edu
Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something
Re: OH NO!!!! [ In reply to ]
> I sent out a message that everything had went fine on our install of
> PERL 5 on HP9000 HP-UX 10.0 and 10 mins later we got bit..

Which *DBM extensions are you trying to load, and are they static or dynamic?

Also, are you sure you have the libdbm and libndbm libraries loaded?

Jeff