Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.001m Linux - precompiled binary dies (fwd)
------- start of forwarded message -------
From: "S.D. Mottram" <sdm2@le.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
Subject: Perl 5.001m Linux - precompiled binary dies
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 10:23:03 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this message is more appropriate to
comp.os.linux.misc or comp.lang.perl.misc, but here goes -

I've just installed perl5.001m pre-compiled for linux-ELF from the
sunsite.unc.edu archive ( the November 95 version). My system is based on
Slackware 2.3 but with ELF upgrades on all the relevant libraries.

I am unable to start Perl 5 : it simply says

perl: can't resolve symbol '_h_errno'
Segmentation fault

and dies.

I got the pre-compiled binary because I had previouly had no luck in
compiling from source - I didn't understand all the questions the
configure script was asking me (it assumed one knows perl well, but I
wanted to install it to learn!)

Any advice very gratefully received

Steve

| Steve Mottram |
| |
| University Department of Anaesthesia | Internal Phone : LRI 5694 |
| Leicester Royal Infirmary | Phone : +44 (0)116 258 5291 |
| Leicester LE1 5WW | Fax : +44 (0)116 285 4487 |
| UK | Email : sdm2@le.ac.uk |
| Witty bit deleted due to budget cuts. |

------- end of forwarded message -------

--
Tom Christiansen Perl Consultant, Gamer, Hiker tchrist@mox.perl.com

I use `batshit' in an idiosyncratic fashion. --Andrew Hume