Mailing List Archive

Final (?) comp.lang.perl.* summary
> From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>
>
> Another summary then:
>
> comp.lang.perl.announce
> comp.lang.perl.modules
> comp.lang.perl.tk
> comp.lang.perl.c
> comp.lang.perl.misc

> From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@cray.com>
>
> Hmm..
> comp.lang.perl.c-api or just c.l.p.api

> From: jmm@elegant.com (John Macdonald)
>
> I'm happy with this.

> From: Paul Hudson <paulh@harlequin.co.uk>
>
> with .api instead of .c, I'd go for that.

> From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@snakemail.hut.fi>
>
> Me likewise.

> From: Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@engin.umich.edu>
>
> .api makes me 'appi also.

> From: Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com>
>
> How about these summaries then:
>
> comp.lang.perl.announce Announcements about Perl. (Moderated)
> comp.lang.perl.modules Perl modules and classes.
> comp.lang.perl.tk Using Tk (and X) from Perl.
> comp.lang.perl.api Extending or embedding Perl via its C API.
> comp.lang.perl.misc The Perl language in general.

I'm also 'appi with .api (cringe :) and I like the descriptions.

> From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@cray.com>
>
> I like those summaries.
>
> Have we mangled the original c.l.p.internals proposal into c.l.p.api?

Yes, I think so.

> Was there anything about the original c.l.p.i proposal that is lost here
> but is needed?

I think Tom's use of 'Extending' in the description just about covers this.
It remains to be seen how much perl5-porters non-porting traffic moves
to the new groups :-)

Jon, can you start up an RFD for the two new groups?
(Assuming no loud NO votes appear in the near future.)

Tim.
Final (?) comp.lang.perl.* summary [ In reply to ]
Tim Bunce writes:
> > comp.lang.perl.modules Perl modules and classes.

Otherwise fine but this 'classes' get me also confused as it did merlyn...
could it be reworded to be something about general OOness?

Perl OOMph (Object Oriented Modules perl has)

Ok, ok, just kidding...but something OOy?

++jhi;