Hi. Test 5 of t/op/exec.t failed on my linux box (but not on my
Indy). The system command returns 32512 instead of 256. Any ideas?

adTHANXvance!

Aaron

--
Aaron Naiman | Jerusalem College of Technology | University of Maryland, IPST
(Aharon) | naiman@math.jct.ac.il | naiman@glue.umd.edu
| http://hobbes.jct.ac.il/~naiman |
Re: a perl 5 test failure on linux [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Aaron Naiman wrote:

> Hi. Test 5 of t/op/exec.t failed on my linux box (but not on my
> Indy). The system command returns 32512 instead of 256. Any ideas?
>
> adTHANXvance!
>
> Aaron

To quote a warning message that _should_ have been displayed during the
configure process, that you probably missed:

"Warning: it would appear you have a defective bash shell installed. This is
likely to give you a failure of op/exec test #5 during the test phase of the
build, Upgrading to a recent version (1.14.4 or later) should fix the
problem."

If this isn't the problem, I'd love to find out what is.