Mailing List Archive

patches e and f
Well, I successfully built 5.002beta1f and tested clean no tweeking
needed.

However, I still have the problem that things don't build away from the
source tree. I get the following:

$ r perl
perl Makefile.PL

Build, TEST and INSTALL Perl 5 first. Use version 5.001m or later.

DO NOT build the DBI under the Perl source tree.

Use 'make test' to execute self tests.

MakeMaker (v5.11)
Blessing Object into class [PACK001]
NAME => 'DBI'
VERSION => '0.65'
Using PERL=/bin/perl
Warning (non-fatal): Importing of %att is deprecated [PM]
use $self instead
Running: /bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/xsubpp -v 2>&1
Writing Makefile for DBI
$ make
umask 0 && cp DBIXS.h ./blib/aix/DBI/DBIXS.h
/bin/sh: ./blib/aix/auto/DBI/.packlist: cannot create
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Michael H. Moran | Standard Disclaimer: The content of
mhm@austin.ibm.com | this posting is independent of
Commercial Performance | official IBM position.
IBM Corporation, Austin, Texas |