Mailing List Archive

perl5.002beta1: $ccflags vs. $locincpth
In perl5.002beta1, if a hints file sets $ccflags, it prevents $locincpth
from being used to add -I options to $ccflags. Since my <db.h> is
installed in $locincpth, this prevents configure from locating <db.h>,
and so the DB_File extension does not get compiled. ($loclibpth works
fine for getting Configure to locate libdb.a)

One fix is as follows:

patch <<\!EOP!
*** Configure0 Mon Nov 20 09:00:33 1995
--- Configure Tue Nov 28 14:19:52 1995
***************
*** 3451,3457 ****
esac
case "$ccflags" in
'') ;;
! *) dflt="$ccflags";;
esac
$cat <<EOH

--- 3451,3460 ----
esac
case "$ccflags" in
'') ;;
! *) case "$dflt" in
! none) dflt="$ccflags";;
! *) dflt="$dflt $ccflags";;
! esac
esac
$cat <<EOH

!EOP!

David W. Sanderson dws@ssec.wisc.edu
Space Science and Engineering Center University of Wisconsin-Madison
Re: perl5.002beta1: $ccflags vs. $locincpth [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, DaviD W. Sanderson wrote:

> In perl5.002beta1, if a hints file sets $ccflags, it prevents $locincpth
> from being used to add -I options to $ccflags. Since my <db.h> is
> installed in $locincpth, this prevents configure from locating <db.h>,
> and so the DB_File extension does not get compiled. ($loclibpth works
> fine for getting Configure to locate libdb.a)

I have a fix for this already. I just have to document it and post it.
I'm at a meeting until next week, so it'll probably be sometime when
I get back. (Access here is erratic at best.)

Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu