Mailing List Archive

Re: beta1 patch plans
>>>>> "andy" == Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu> writes:

andy> Document, document, document. Improvements, expansions, and
andy> clarifications of existing or nonexisting documentation are certainly
andy> welcome. Many of the standard modules have not pod documentation. Please
andy> adopt-a-module and document it. Announce your intentions so that no one
andy> else duplicates your work.

I was just about adopting a module when MakeMaker hassles suggested
bugfixing instead.

To help finding volunteers, here's the list [*]...

./ExtUtils/Liblist.pm
./ExtUtils/Miniperl.pm
./Math/BigFloat.pm
./Math/BigInt.pm
./Math/Complex.pm
./Search/Dict.pm
./Shell.pm
./SubstrHash.pm
./Sys/Hostname.pm
./Sys/Syslog.pm
./Term/Cap.pm
./Term/Complete.pm
./Test/Harness.pm
./Text/ParseWords.pm
./Text/Soundex.pm
./Text/Tabs.pm
./Text/Wrap.pm
./TieHash.pm
./Time/Local.pm
./NDBM_File.pm
./ODBM_File.pm
./SDBM_File.pm

Ok, I take Liblist and Miniperl.

andy> Submit patches against 5.001beta1 (preferably +my patches on CPAN). This
andy> is a selfish request on my part. If you have something and submit it in
andy> another form (or put it on CPAN) then I have to go and fetch it, generate
andy> the patch, sort out rejects, write the commentary/explanations, and then
andy> post the patch. If you can save me the work and the time, I'll be very
andy> grateful.

Is it the fetching from CPAN that bothers you or the format as a
.tar.gz? My patch against perl5.002beta1 will be about 15 k gzipped
(because of the alphabetized attribute list). For me it isn't a
problem to produce both a .tar.gz for MakeMaker and a patch against
beta1, but I thought a full MM distribution would help you more. Sorry
that it didn't. I don't think, mailing the patches to p5p is
appropriate. Did you want to say, that the patches should be mailed to
you directly?

andy> Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu

andreas

[*]