get installed because of file permission problems (even running as root).
Is this a known problem?

Alan Burlison aburlison@cix.compulink.co.uk
Re: 'make install' doesn't install all the files [ In reply to ]
In article <memo.641504@cix.compulink.co.uk>, Alan Burlison (aburlison@cix.compulink.co.uk) wrote:
> I noticed while playing around with 'make install' that some files don't
> get installed because of file permission problems (even running as root).
> Is this a known problem?

> Alan Burlison aburlison@cix.compulink.co.uk

I've had a similar problem:

I've had abortion of the "make" command, it complained about not being able
to create the "*.bs" file (another time it was the ".packlist" file), although
I was "make"ing as root.

This was while making INSIDE the Perl distribution tree.

This error never showed up again since I began to always make packages OUTSIDE
the Perl tree.

Steffen Beyer
mailto:sb@sdm.de |s |d &|m | software design & management GmbH&Co.KG
phone: +49 89 63812-244 | | | | Thomas-Dehler-Str. 27
fax: +49 89 63812-150 | | | | 81737 Munich, Germany.
Re: 'make install' doesn't install all the files [ In reply to ]