Mailing List Archive

DAVEM TPF Grant#3 March 2024 report
This is my monthly report on work done during March 2024 covered by my
TPF perl core maintenance grant.

Less hours than normal last month due to a combination of jury service
and the consequences of spending lots of time with plague rats^W^W my
fellow jurors.

I spent my time mainly on general small tasks to help get blead into shape
for the 5.40 release, such as analysing and reducing smoke failures, and
fixing bugs.

SUMMARY:
1:39 "Variable is not available" warning on nested evals
3:44 #21784 BBC: Blead breaks MLEHMANN/Coro-6.57.tar.gz
4:15 make stack reference counted - XS
2:22 process p5p mailbox
1:38 reduce smoke failures
1:38 review Coverity reports
7:42 rework XS documentation
------
22:58 TOTAL (HH::MM)

--
I took leave and went to hear Mrs Turner's daughter play on the harpsicon,
but Lord, it was enough to make any man sick to hear her; yet I was forced
Re: DAVEM TPF Grant#3 March 2024 report [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024, Dave Mitchell wrote:

> Less hours than normal last month due to a combination of jury service
> and the consequences of spending lots of time with plague rats^W^W my
> fellow jurors.

Don't forget the obligation of confidentiality. :)

> ... mainly on general small tasks ...

+1

--

73,
Ged.
Re: DAVEM TPF Grant#3 March 2024 report [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 6:50?AM Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:

> This is my monthly report on work done during March 2024 covered by my
> TPF perl core maintenance grant.
>
> Less hours than normal last month due to a combination of jury service
> and the consequences of spending lots of time with plague rats^W^W my
> fellow jurors.
>
> I spent my time mainly on general small tasks to help get blead into shape
> for the 5.40 release, such as analysing and reducing smoke failures, and
> fixing bugs.
>
> SUMMARY:
> 1:39 "Variable is not available" warning on nested evals
> 3:44 #21784 BBC: Blead breaks MLEHMANN/Coro-6.57.tar.gz
> 4:15 make stack reference counted - XS
> 2:22 process p5p mailbox
> 1:38 reduce smoke failures
> 1:38 review Coverity reports