Mailing List Archive

Release announcement for perl v5.39.5
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

-– Epictetus

We are delighted to announce version 5.39.5,
the sixth development release of version 5.39 of Perl.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.39.5 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/ETHER/perl-5.39.5/

SHA256 digests for this release are:

39e4f8df83cb747edf3e17a0a2f8ee10353ba16729b665cd5047cec2722f6ed1
perl-5.39.5.tar.gz
4048cf0065f347a03ec85e989631a64e03ba9c9ccbc8f2a35153cad07fe21930
perl-5.39.5.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/release/ETHER/perl-5.39.5/view/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.39.5 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.39.4 and contains approximately 12,000 lines of changes across 330 files
from 17 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 8,200 lines of changes to 270 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.39.5:

Chad Granum, Dan Kogai, E. Choroba, Elvin Aslanov, Graham Knop, Hugo van der
Sanden, James E Keenan, Johan Vromans, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson,
Leon Timmermans, Lukas Mai, Marco Fontani, Paul Evans, Peter John Acklam,
Tony Cook, Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 39.6 on 2023-12-20.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2023.

thank you!
ether (Karen Etheridge)
your faithful release human.
Re: Release announcement for perl v5.39.5 [ In reply to ]
Good news, thank for the release! ????????