Is this a follow up to the changes made a while back to eliminate the use of "new Some::Module"?

cheers
Paul
Re: remove use of indirect syntax with "import" [ In reply to ]
Den 07.11.2023 15:04, skrev Paul Marquess:

> I’ve just had a PR raised against IO::Compress
> (https://github.com/pmqs/IO-Compress/pull/51). It  to remove the
> indirect syntax used in the module. So “import Test::NoWarnings”
> becomes “Test::NoWarnings->import”.
>
> Is this a follow up to the changes made a while back to eliminate the
> use of “new Some::Module”?

I believe so. Elvin has been submitting a lot of PRs to core, and they
are also merged in, removing the usage of indirect syntax in core:

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3APerl%2Fperl5+indirect&type=commits

--

Nicolas Mendoza
Re: remove use of indirect syntax with "import" [ In reply to ]
????

Elvin reacted via Gmail
<https://www.google.com/gmail/about/?utm_source=gmail-in-product&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=emojireactionemail#app>

Re: remove use of indirect syntax with "import" [ In reply to ]
????

Re: remove use of indirect syntax with "import" [ In reply to ]
Hello, and thanks for noticing that.

It's an independent effort to reduce indirect syntax in Core IO-Compress
being a Core distribution.

This PR followed Getopt-Long and Encode which were merged.