Mailing List Archive

SSL in core project leader Was: PSC #121 2023-10-26
Den 26.10.2023 18:36, skrev Philippe Bruhat (BooK):
> Porters,
>
> This week we discussed the following topics:
>
> * Release process needs better docs, maybe some more automation.
> * "inward goto" has been deprecated since 5.12. We have set an end date
> for it and will announce in 5.40 that we'll remove it in 5.42.
> * Our call for a project manager to get SSL into core has not gone
> unheeded. We're happy to accept Nicolas Mendoza to the role.

While I would like to contribute and help out. I think there has been a
misunderstanding. I believe Mark Gardner volunteered to lead the project
and I cheered his suggestion. But perhaps I misunderstood? Reading back
the thread it could be that Paul Evans misinterpreted me? Mark?

Re: SSL in core project leader Was: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: SSL in core project leader Was: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 05:22:03PM +0100, Perl 5 Porters wrote:
> Den 26.10.2023 18:36, skrev Philippe Bruhat (BooK):
> >
> > * Our call for a project manager to get SSL into core has not gone
> > unheeded. We're happy to accept Nicolas Mendoza to the role.
>
> While I would like to contribute and help out. I think there has been a
> misunderstanding. I believe Mark Gardner volunteered to lead the project and
> I cheered his suggestion. But perhaps I misunderstood? Reading back the
> thread it could be that Paul Evans misinterpreted me? Mark?

Indeed, I checked the archives, and Mark said in
<http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/267210>:

> I check all of those boxes. Okay, sign me up.
Nicolas: sorry for the mistake.

Mark: lead on!

--
Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

Where there are hearts of gold, there is no need for bars of steel.