Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.39.3 is now available!
I could never find the right way to tell you
Have you noticed I've been gone?
'Cause I left behind the home that you made me
But I will carry it along

And it's a long way forward, so trust in me
I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me
And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us
Until you're gone

When I'm older, I'll be silent beside you
I know words won't be enough
And they won't need to know the names or our faces
But they will carry on for us

And it's a long way forward, so trust in me
I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me
And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us
Until you're gone

Oh it's a long way forward, trust in me
I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me
And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us
Until

-- Porter Robinson and Madeon "Shelter"

We are happy to announce version 39.3,
the third development release of version 39 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.39.3 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/WOLFSAGE/perl-5.39.3/

SHA256 digests for this release are:

09d85f8617d2e805ddfbf767608d3d69dc8f48790f86a8ea2b735b0636d5c352
perl-5.39.3.tar.gz
93c38a6ff969e3930d7eb08e69a883204a4d835c7122df47c4903950e6fc758a
perl-5.39.3.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/WOLFSAGE/perl-5.39.3/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.39.3 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.39.2 and contains approximately 9,100 lines of changes across 170 files
from 21 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 6,100 lines of changes to 91 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.39.3:

Alexander Kanavin, Bruno Meneguele, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Church,
David Mitchell, Elvin Aslanov, Graham Knop, Jakub Wilk, James E Keenan, Karl
Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Lukas Mai, Matthew Horsfall, Nicolas R, Paul
Evans, Paul Marquess, Richard Leach, Sevan Janiyan, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony
Cook, Zakariyya Mughal.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 39.4 on 20 October, 2023.

The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2024.

Cheers,

-- Matthew Horsfall (alh)
Re: Perl 5.39.3 is now available! [ In reply to ]
Congratulations ????????

Re: Perl 5.39.3 is now available! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 20, 2023, at 12:25, Matthew Horsfall (alh) wrote:
> We are happy to announce version 39.3, the third development release of version 39 of Perl 5.

Ayyyy, thanks, Matthew!

I am pleased to see builtin->unimport. I also acknowledge that Getopt::Std is still in core and getting updates. ????

????????

--
rjbs