• We discussed Test2 in core, which is now its own thread on p5p, enjoy!
--
rjbs
Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]
Hooray! All are worthy discussions :-)

Can't wait to see SSL and Test2 in core.

Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]
On 4/28/23 10:15, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> Porters,
>
> [snip]
>
> * We talked a very long time (well, 45m) about GitHub issues labeled
> "BBC" and marking them "needs triage" (meaning: more info) or "not a
> release blocker" or "release blocker".  This will require more work,
> but we made good progress.

You may want to consider a label other than the existing "Needs Triage"
for that purpose.

IIRC, after we converted tracking issues from rt.perl.org to github.com
in October 2019, we realized we hadn't adequately accounted for the
category "Status" in RT. (Working from memory here.) In RT a ticket
started off as "New" and remained "New" until someone other than the
original poster commented on the ticket, at which the status changed to
"Open." (Status could be changed by people holding proper permissions,
of course.) https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues appears to have only
Open and Closed. Someone -- probably @atoomic or @ToddR -- created the
"Needs Triage" label and wrote code such that it was automatically
applied to tickets upon creation.

We never got around to writing code that would automatically delete the
"Needs Triage" label according to some criteria. And we never created a
label specifically designed to replace the "Open" status in RT. What I
have done is to periodically review recently opened tickets and remove
the "Needs Triage" label once someone (a) other than the ticket creator
and (b) knowledgeable has commented on the ticket. So, for example, I
would remove the "Needs Triage" label from a BBC ticket once it had
attracted a comment from the person whose commit is said to have
"broken" the CPAN module.

If you want to change the way we/I have been interpreting the "Needs
Triage" label for the past three years, you are welcome to do so.
However, it seems that what you're looking for is something that
suggests, "An informed observer has looked at this ticket, but we still
need more information before understanding the problem."

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan
Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]

Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]
Haha, great hat in a humble environment :-)

Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]
*hats

Re: PSC #105 2023-04-28 [ In reply to ]
Buncha seriously smart dudes sitting around a table.