Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.36.1-RC1 is now available!
Avoid worry and distractions of any kind when you are practicing. Your
mind must be every minute on what you are doing, or the value of your
practice is lessened enormously. By intense concentration, love of your
work and the spirit in which you approach it, you can do more in a half
hour than in an hour spent purposelessly. Do not think you have been
practicing, if you have played a single note with your mind on anything
else.

-- Josef Lhevinne, "Basic Principles in Pianoforte Playing"

We are gladdened to announce the first release candidate of version
36.1, the first maintenance release of version 36 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.36.1-RC1 from your favourite
CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.36.1-RC1/

SHA256 digests for this release are:

*perl-5.36.1-RC1.tar.gz:
2c1c1e012b465f2e8c343c0a2298b6737678f7a9abf7a43b31307193b762f3da

*perl-5.36.1-RC1.tar.xz:
2594ec8e7e968f6a4a9773d95bf01c7d18740c26b199cd0bc2e4f084fc1cfe1f

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

***Please, please, please*** test your code against perl-5.36.1-RC1.
This is your last chance to point out any critical regressions before
v5.36.1 ships "for real," and we'd rather fix things for v5.36.1 than
for v5.36.2!

The final v5.36.1 is expected to ship on 23rd April.

Steve Hay
Re: Perl 5.36.1-RC1 is now available! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 at 21:18, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> We are gladdened to announce the first release candidate of version
> 36.1, the first maintenance release of version 36 of Perl 5.

It has come to light (thanks, Andreas :-)) that Configure has
accidentally changed mode from 100755 to 100644 during the course of
resolving a minor conflict during cherry-picking. (This is one of the
joys of working on Windows on a system largely geared towards *nix...)

I will fix this tonight and make an RC2 (hopefully with no other
changes), but in the meantime please don't let it stop you from
testing. You will just need to do a chmod on Configure first.

Apologies for the inconvenience.