Mailing List Archive

Release announcement for perl 5.37.10
The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes - and ships - and sealing-wax -
Of cabbages - and kings -
And why the sea is boiling hot -
And whether pigs have wings.'
-- Lewis Carroll. "The Walrus and the Carpenter"

We are elated to announce version 37.10,
the eleventh development release of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.37.10 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/YVES/perl-5.37.10

SHA256 digests for this release are:

fda9cb8d7a8f53a407d379e47acedcaf022c5a604a94f04c61a672c1b63cf4f6
perl-5.37.10.tar.gz
403fbd5a9c5d0cd67d81d5a61d988149b8bdc4c96051bc0641a851da839136f9
perl-5.37.10.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the
"pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/YVES/perl-5.37.10/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.37.10 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.37.9
and contains approximately 23,000 lines of changes across 360 files from 21
authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 6,000 lines of changes to 220 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.37.10:

Arne Johannessen, Craig A. Berry, Dan Jacobson, David Mitchell, Elvin
Aslanov, Graham Knop, James E Keenan, James Raspass, Jon Gentle, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Lukas Mai, Paul Evans, Philippe
Bruhat (BooK), Richard Leach, Steve Hay, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook, Yves
Orton, Zefram.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.37.11 on 2023-04-20.

The next major stable release of Perl, 5.38.0 should be released in the
first half of 2023, on or about 2023-05-20.

Have a suitable amount of fun!
Yves